Sunday 16 October 2016

October Glossybox 2016


Hello! October's glossybox was an alright one I guess. I will use probably 5 out of the 6 products I got so yeah that's pretty good! However....I was very disappointed to see a product from Primark in this months box! Like come on...that's a bit shitty is it not? I just think it's so cheap of them to include something which costs hardly anything in it. Maybe that's just me who thinks that but never mind.
So yeah, there's 6 items in this months box rather than the usual 5 you normally get and that's because they included a mystery sample of shampoo which then you have to try and guess what brand it is. I thought it was Herbal Essences but I've since been told it's Head and Shoulders. Did you think the same or maybe think it's neither of those and it's something else? Let me know. Oh and is it just me or have the boxes changed? Didn't they used to be a nicer shade of pink and more glossier? They don't look as pretty anymore! :(



They've been quite generous with the size of sample given. This will probably last me a few washes so yeah I'm pleased with it and it smells so nice!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bee good - Honey & Camelina Facial Exfoliator

"Suitable for all skin types, this mask ticks a trio of boxes; exfoliating, hydrating and skin calming. Lavender gently lifts and exfoliates dulling dead skin cells without irritating, wheatgerm oil soothes and moisturises while British propolis helps balance problematic complexions. Also as environmentally friendly as it is skin friendly."

I never really use facial exfoliators so I'm quite up for giving this a try. It sounds like it will be really good for my skin, and it smells really nice although a bit on the expensive side. I've never heard of the brand before and that's why I love Glossybox because it introduces me to brands I've never heard of. 

              RRP / £10.50                                  Shop / beegood.co.uk              
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Body Shop - Drops of Youth Concentrate

"This potent serum is excellent for skin that's showing the first signs of ageing as it softens, smooths and brightens. Plus, it's certified organic. Apply a couple of drops morning and night, massaging it into your skin using upwards strokes."

Again I never use serums and as this one is mainly aimed at people who showing signs of ageing this one might not be best for me as I'm still young and thankfully not showing these signs haha! Although I guess it wouldn't harm in using this to prevent this from happening? I don't know haha! It's a very small sample but I'm guessing you don't need a lot.

RRP / £25                                     Shop / thebodyshop.co.uk
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Universal Beauty Cosmetics - Secret Flush, Soothing Cream Blusher & Lip Stain Duo

"A multi-tasker that should be tucked inside every handbag. Smile and blend this onto the apples of your cheeks and the innovative formula will create a subtle flush of colour - or glide it onto your lips for a pretty dash of pink."

This is my favourite product in this months glossybox. The colour is gorgeous and will look great on my cheeks. I don't know if I will use this on my lips but it's great that I can if I wanted to. 

RRP / £15                                         Shop / ubcosmetics.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trifle Cosmetics - Lip Parfait - Buttery Lip Cream

"This pretty nude shade is infused with vitamin E to keep lips plumped and hydrated and the pigments are silicone-coated so it wont dull or become feathery-looking. Glide it straight onto lips for a creamy matte finish. You could also blend it with your UB Secret Flush to amp up the colour for the perfect rose pink hue!"

This is the one product which I probably wont use. I have tried it and I didn't like it. It didn't apply well to my lips and so yeah I probably wont try it again. The packaging is quite fun looking but not up my street and also the lipstick itself is wobbly and doesn't feel secure in it packaging so I'm afraid it might break when it's being applied. It does however smell really nice.

        RRP / £12.95                                                 Shop / triflecosmetics.com                                  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS...Pro - Graphic Eyeliner

"Everyone needs the perfect liquid eyeliner. This felt tip has been engineered in Japan and is super easy to use, allowing you to carefully create a thin, thick or intense black feline flick. What's more, the water resistant, long-lasting formula mean it won't smudge or budge."

Okay, so yeah this I wasn't excited about in the slightest. I was actually quite shocked when I saw this and noticed it was from Primark's beauty collection. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Primark and I don't have anything against the beauty range...I actually own some products but I just thought to receive something which is quite cheap and looks really cheap in a subscription box was quite disappointing really. 
The pen itself is so thick that I think it's just gonna end up a complete mess if I even try to create a look with this. Maybe I will be proved completely wrong and I hope I am. I swatched this on my hand and okay it does what it says above by not smudging easily. Who knows? I will give it a go and maybe my next blog post will be me raving about it being amazing haha!

             RRP / £3                                    Shop / Selected Primark Stores          
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you think of this months glossybox? Let me know in the comments below :)

           

No comments:

Post a Comment