Wednesday 21 September 2016

September 2016 Glossy Box - The Editor's Choice Red Edition


It's back!! I signed up to Glossybox again because I feel I would use a lot more of the products now than I did almost 2 years ago when I first signed up. Plus, I miss the excitement of receiving a box every month as it feels like a present to myself haha!




First impressions of this months box was it felt very light so I wasn't expecting too much from it however I do like almost everything I got in mine. I love the colour of the box and I like how the design of the box as stayed the same throughout the years and they haven't made any changes to the look of them.
The boxes are great to keep for storing make-up, nail polish and any other bits and bobs.

   
Vitamasques- Hydro Face Mask

"This mask infuses your skin with a heavy dose of moisture and keeps it hydrated for up to 120 hours - nearly a week! Set to be just as big as sheet masks, HydroGel masks have better ability to hold in moisture than their cotton counterparts and what's more, they're made from a slicker material that sticks to the face easier (no slipping)."

I prefer these types of face masks to liquid ones where you have to apply them to your face yourself so I can't wait to try this. It's less messy although more scarier haha!

                        RRP / £7.99                            Shop / vitamasques.com                  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rodial - Smokey Eye Pen

"Whether you want to create a neat line of jet black along your lash line, or blend it out to create a smoky finish, the super-rich pigment, gel texture and smudging brush mean your options are endless."

I like how this can be used as an eye liner which is what I am definitely going to use it for. I love trying out new ones because I still haven't found one that I absolutely love. This is a full sized product which is great to receive however I don't know if I would pay this much on an eye liner...I hope it's just as pigmented on my lash line as it was on my hand.

     RRP / £17                               Shop / rodial.co.uk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gosh Copenhagen - Long Lasting Lip Marker

"This pretty lip stain will add a hint of pink to your lips that stays put for hours! It's hydrating, super easy to use on the go and will endure just about anything!"

I don't think this lip stain is that great to be honest. I really liked the colour when I swatched it on my hand even though when I took the lid off I was like "woah that is a very bright pink" but yeah the colour of it is what you see on the bottom of the stick. I didn't think this came out as well on my lips as it did on my hand. Maybe I wasn't applying it properly or pressing down hard enough to get the formula to come out but yeah I was bit disappointed with this as I've heard so many great things about lip stains and I've heard GOSH is a great brand.
I wont let this put me off though and I would like to try more products from GOSH :).

              RRP / £8.50                              Shop / goshcopenhagen.dk    
           
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  
Too Face - Better Than Sex Mascara

"The collagen-fueled formula thickens and lengthens lashes, and gives them a beautiful, inky-black finish. Apply one coat for a subtle boost in volume and carry on building up for a more dramatic finish."

I have heard so many good things about this mascara and the brand Too Faced so when I saw this in my box I was really excited! I am still to try this but it looks amazing! A great sample size too.

           RRP / £19                                   Shop / debenhams.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revlon - Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat

"Top off your favourite nail colour with a swipe of this tough lacquer that doesn't just make your mani last much longer, but gives nails a fabulous, salon-worthy shine. It's formulated with Diamond Flex Technology, which promises to give your talons a chip-proof, long-lasting finish."

I'm always excited to receive a nail polish as I absolutely love them! To be honest, I never apply a top coat to my nail colour and I know I should get into the habit of doing so, so my nail polish would last longer than it does! This sounds great though so hopefully it will make me start using it haha!

RRP / £7.99                                 Shop / boots.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also got this in my box which I believe was an extra little thing to sample. I love the body shop so I'm gonna give this face mask a try as well and then compare it to the other one above.

That is everything I got in my box! Did you get the same?? Let me know in the comments what you got and what you thought of this months Glossybox :)

No comments:

Post a Comment