Wednesday 29 January 2014

January Glossy Box 2014

Hey! So first Glossy Box of 2014 and.....I'm not very impressed :(. Don't get me wrong, they have changed the design slightly which is much nicer so I'm happy with that. The box is now a glossy one which makes sense, and is slightly bigger in size which is good because now it fits the magazine which comes with it every month. The ribbon is silk and has the glossy box logo on it which is so nice. 
The contents of this box however has disappointed me :( Nothing really stood out for me or excited me. I'll just move on to what was in it :).              

         


Anatomicals - Puffy The Eye Bag Slayer Wake-Up Under Eye Patches
"Looking like the walking dead? These under eye patches by Anatomicals will help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and revitalise the delicate skin around your eyes!"
Okay, so I am actually sitting with a pair of these on right now haha! I posted a photo on instagram a few minutes ago of me wearing these. Cue picture.....hahaha! I look like such a noob. These actually feel quite nice and refreshing when on. They were a bit of a plaster to get out of they're packaging but it's okay I suppose :P. I've just taken them off and I'm not too sure if I can see a difference. To be fair though I don't think I have baggy eyes I just wanted to give them a go haha! Also! it says full size is a pack of three which is what I thought I got but I only got 2 in my pack so this is disappointing as the rest of the things in my box are samples except the tweezers.
Application - "Cleanse and thoroughly dry the face. Open the foil packet, peel off the plastic and immediately apply as shown in the illustration making sure you've smoothed the patches to ensure contact with the skin. For best results, leave on for 30 minutes and then gently remove."
Full size - £6.00 for 3 pack                          Shop at - www.asos.com

Vaseline - Essential Moisture Lotion     
"Is your skin weathering the elements? If so, then you need the Essential Moisture Lotion form Vaseline. It's non-greasy formulation and multi-layer complex absorbs quickly leaving your skin silky smooth and looking healthy."
I am a huge fan of Vaseline lip products as I think I've mentioned before so I was happy to get this although I wish the sample was a bit bigger. I understand the full size would no way fit in the box but a bigger sample would've been nice. Not tried this yet but looking forward to giving it a go.
Application - "Use every day after showering to lock in moisture and to keep your skin supple and looking great."
One size - £4.99 for 400ml                              Shop at - www.boots.com

Balance Me - Super Toning Body Wash     
"With a blend of juniper, bergamot, geranium and lavender essential oils, Balance Me's Super Toning Body Wash is the best way to start your day!"
I suppose a body was is always good to get as I'm always gonna need it, however I do have a lot of shower gels to get through at the moment so wasn't that excited to receive this.
Application - "For a morning boost, apply the wash to wet skin and move in circular motions or for an all over luxurious soak, add a cap full to warm water while you're running a bath."
Full size - £10.25 for 250ml                             Shop at - www.balanceme.co.uk

The Vintage Cosmetic Company - Floral Slanted Tweezers
"Get rid of boring brows with these pretty floral tweezers by The Vintage Cosmetic Company. These high quality, stainless steel must-haves are the perfect accompaniment for every vintage doll's make up bag."
I have to admit these are super cute! They would lovely on a dressing table. Every girl needs a pair of tweezers in their collection.
Application - "For general tweezing use the slanted side or for precision perfection, slip them over to use the slanted edge and you'll be on your way to beautiful brows in no time!"
Full size - £8.00                                              Shop at - www.thevintagecosmeticcompany.co.uk

Yu-Be - Moisturising Skin Cream     
"This multi-use cult moisturising cream from Japan revamps your skin, enriching it with vitamin E, vitamin B2, camphor and a uniquely high glyncerine content. It's an essential for all skin care regimes."
These samples are tiny! Anyway, I used one and didn't really enjoy it. I felt it left my skin feeling sticky. However you can also use them as a lip balm which I'm gonna do :).
Application - "Massage a thin layer into the skin until the cream disappears for ongoing protection from the elements."
Full size - £13.50 for 33g                            Shop at - www.onestopbeauty.co.uk

Click on the link to see my December glossy box. xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment